Saturday, February 25, 2012

What's your opinion on Dragon Age II?

From what I can tell, it seems like it shouldn't even be under the Dragon Age title since it seems like a stand-alone game that doesn't really pertain much to DAO except for the world and lore. I mean I know Bioware is going to deliver, but I'm a bit skeptical at this point seeing as it is going the route of Mass Effect. Don't get me wrong, ME is an exceptional series, but it seems like they shouldn't really mix the two together...



Any thoughts?What's your opinion on Dragon Age II?
At least Dragon Age 2 is remaining in the same world as DAO so you can hear and see what happens between the two games, think about the Final Fantasy games, most of them take have nothing in common at all except for the name. I get your skepticism over the use of some Mass Effect elements in Dragon Age 2, but let's not forget that DAO was around five years old at the time of release, and it showed it's age. Don't get me wrong, it was a great game, but it had some rough patches. Besides, the only ME functions I can really see include minor stuff like the conversation wheel, which will make for a bit of a smoother flow to conversations I believe.

Edit: As far as I know, the PC version of the game will still have the more tactical feel to it. It's the console versions which are going for a more faster action style.What's your opinion on Dragon Age II?
The devs have confirmed there will be a strategic view, it's just different than in Origins. Early previews said it doesn't exist because BioWare was still working on it and did not implement an early version.

Combat will be mainly the same except that you can also choose to play it more like a hack %26amp; slash game. This is optional, though. The dialogue wheel is a good system and I'm glad the character gets a voice. I always thought my Warden lacked personality. The wheel is not exactly the same as in Mass Effect. There will be icons in the middle of the wheel that tell you how the character will say these lines (sarcastic, worried, etc.).

Something I think is fantastic is that even though you always have a kind and rude dialogue option, if you've been a dick throughout the game the kind dialogue options change. It's impossible to be the worst person in the world and suddenly act like a nice guy. You'll be more sarcastic.What's your opinion on Dragon Age II?
Not sure what you meant by going the route of Mass Effect since Mass Effect is the same story from 1 to 3 and involves the same characters, but Dragon Age is unique in the sense that they actually stated before DAO came out that they want to develop a world and not just a game. Meaning that Dragon Age 2 will be totally different story (but set in the same world/lore) as 1, and 3 will be the same. The only time it will continue is with DLC/expansion packs. They have two novels out that are completely different, too. It is not traditional and I'm not sure if it's ever been done before, but they want to make a world where the player can look at it in a whole, not just a single character/group. I think it's an awesome idea and the fact that the events of DA2 will intertwine with DAO, but not overlap, makes me excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment