Saturday, March 10, 2012

Hi everybody. I'm a little pissed off because I recently purchased a rather expensive computer.?

I bought an Alienware M14x. The details of my system are: i7 2630QM 2.0GHz 4-core processor, 8G of ram, windows home premium, 750G hard drive ( about 740 G remaining. ) and the NVIDIA Geforce GT 555M.



I downloaded the demo of Dragon Age II and SHOGUN 2: Total War off of Steam. After buying this laptop I was extremely excited because I thought to myself; "I can play any game on the market!". Apparently I was wrong.



Can somebody explain to me why I am unable to play Dragon Age II and Shogun 2: total war on anything higher than medium graphics!? I've gone to multiple internet sites and they are all telling me that I should have no trouble playing these games.



For some reason I have the feeling that my computer isn't running as fast and smooth as it should be. What's going on here?!



Little side note, my microphone doesn't work either. It's not muted, not broken, it is built in and i have the volume on 100 and the boost on +30.



please help me out so I don't have to return this damn thing to get a new one.Hi everybody. I'm a little pissed off because I recently purchased a rather expensive computer.?
What is a computer?
Dragon Age II - PC Recommended:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4 GHz Processor or equivalent

CPU: AMD Phenom II X3 Triple core 2.8 GHz or equivalent

RAM: 2GB (4 GB Vista and Windows 7)

Video: ATI 3850 512 MB or greater

Video: NVIDIA 8800GTS 512 MB or greater

DirectX 11 Video: ATI 5850 or greater

DirectX 11 Video: NVIDIA 460 or greater

So ... you should be able to play with ease. Send it back - you got a defective computer.Hi everybody. I'm a little pissed off because I recently purchased a rather expensive computer.?
I have an M11X which runs everything beautifully, however there was a trick to Steam games, IF you have Optimus (which it sounds like you do).

Go into Optimus settings, and add the steam.exe client. Everything should then run using the Nvidia (Big) video card, as opposed to the little Intel card.
you should have no trouble playing those games on medium settings.

a 555M is a 555M, 555M just isn't enough to handle those games on highest details. You'd need at least a desktop GTX560 to do that.

Alienware computers are notorious for overpricing and having crap quality, your mic might just crapped out.

How fast do you expect your computer to be? that crap 750GB hard drive alone will limit you to ordinary speed. You want something special? buy SSDs (solid state drive)Hi everybody. I'm a little pissed off because I recently purchased a rather expensive computer.?
Your PC should play Dragon Age II on the highest graphics possible and pretty much all the latest games that requires good pc performance.

Try to check your self the hardware parameters, maybe they not intentionally installed another graphic card rather than Geforce GT 555M.

And you havent specified what windows home premium you have, if its vista then this might be one of the problems.
Alienware is a laptop.

Laptops were never intended for hard core gaming, no matter what people say. Buy or build a gaming desktop and you should be able to play any game if you get Intel Core i5-2500K and a high end graphics card with 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM.
idk go ask yo moma
The good: The Alienware M14x, Dell's latest Alienware laptop, manages to pack amazing performance into a smaller-than-expected body with plenty of configuration options.

The bad: High-end configurations can be insanely expensive, and Alienware's laptop design is overdue for a refresh.

The bottom line: It's tough to find mobile PC gaming in a package that's neither too big nor too small. The Alienware M14x comes very close, with plenty of component options and a size that's hefty, but not backbreaking.

Review:

Typically, the difference between a 14-inch laptop and a 15-inch one is very slight, although we generally prefer the smaller of these two options for the sake of portability. When it comes to chunky gaming laptops, however, the difference can be more pronounced. While we wouldn't consider taking Alienware's 15-inch M15x laptop on the road, the new 14-inch version, unsurprisingly named the M14x, looks and feels a good deal smaller--even if it's still a beast compared with other 14-inch laptops.
The first problem here is you got a laptop, not a desktop. Laptops are great for portability but at the cost of performance. The other thing too is you got the most expensive brand on the market. I don't know how much you paid but I am willing to bet you could have gotten one killer of a desktop for that amount of money. Laptops are notorious for having video cards that just can't perform. It isn't a design flaw. It is because more computing power uses more electric power, and in a laptop that translates into short battery life, which is why they use low-processing-power parts. I would recommend, if you're able, to return it and get a desktop (but not Alienware). It is way overpriced. The other thing too is the speed of the CPU. Multi-cores is good but running at 2 GHz is a slower speed these days. A good gaming machine should be running at least 3 GHz not overclocked.

No comments:

Post a Comment